Study of neuronal circuit dynamics from multiple brain or spinal cord regions
Chromatone™ is a multiscope™ for simultaneous multi-region, multi-color stimulation and neuronal imaging in freely behaving animals, accompanied by its software package.
- Allows functional imaging of neuronal circuits with optogenetic manipulation in up to four brain or spinal cord areas.
- Enables the simultaneous recording of neurons at cellular resolution.
- Capabilities of Quartet® and more.
Included with purchase:
- Hands-on-surgical training
- Neuronal trace extraction support
- Device synchronization with other behavior equipment
GFP & RFP Imaging and Channelrhodopsin & ChrimsonR Optogenetic Stimulation
- Power level emitted for each wavelength can be independently controlled in each imaging fiber optics.
- Optogenetics protocols can be set by users independently and trigger off to perform behavioral tasks.
|Illumination colors in each fiber optic|
470 +/- 12 nm (GFP, Channelrhodopsin optogenetics)
550 +/- 7.5 nm (RFP)
632 +/- 14 nm (ChrimsonR optogenetics)
|Illumination power range at tissue|
470 nm: 0 to 6 mW
550 nm: 0 to 1 mW
632 nm: 0 to 2 mW
|Illumination mode for each wavelength||Green: CW for imaging (can be pulsed, if required)|
|Blue: Pulse, can get triggered and executes the Optogenetics protocol set by user|
|Red: Pulse, can get triggered and executes the Optogenetics protocol set by user|
|Optical Resolution||7 µm|
|Focusing Range or Working Distance||250 µm in brain tissue|
|Number of Imaging Probes||4|
|Diameter of GRIN Lens to Implant||Customizable between 0.5 mm to 1 mm|
|Available Length of Lens to Enter Brain Tissue||Customizable between 2.5 mm to 8 mm|
|Field of View in Each Region||Approximately the same as the lens diameter|
|Weight of Connector and Lens||< 400 mg|
|Approx Weight of each Fibre Bundle Carried by Animal||< 1 g|
|Bending Radius of Fiber Bundles||3 cm|
|Length of Imaging Fiber Bundles||84 cm|
|Detection Wavelength||517 +/- 13 nm and 590 +/- 20 nm|
|Image Size per Frame||3.2 megapixels|
|Number of Frames per Second||20 in continuous mode, 140 in burst mode|
|Length of Camera Electric Wire||2 meters|
|Length of LED Wire||1.5 meter|